ICT is a new research unit created in 2014 with members that were previously associated to the Centre of Geology of University of Porto (CGUP) and to the Évora Geophysics Centre (CGE).
According with FCT 2018 evaluation, ICT score is “Very Good”.
The ICT is fully committed with the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (Agenda 2030) and with the Portuguese regional strategies for Smart Specialization.
1. To contribute for the development of scientific research and national scientific poly in the earth sciences domain;
2. To develop programmes and projects of scientific research and technological progress;
3. To cooperate with other institutions through scientific exchanges;
4. To publicise the results obtained by the research and by the technological development;
5. To develop training of young researchers at the post-graduation level;
6. To promote scientific and technological literacy to students and general public.